Wednesday, February 17, 2010

To Write Love on Her Arms



From the "To Write Love on Her Arms" Website: (www.twloha.com)

-121 million people worldwide suffer from depression. (The World Health Organization)

While not always the case, often untreated depression and other struggles lead to unhealthy ways in which we try and deal with the hurt and pain we are feeling. We try and find anything that we can do to take away the hurt, painful feelings, or negative thoughts we are experiencing. Often the things that we turn to seem to help at first, appearing to provide some of the relief that we need so badly. But, even though they may seem like they help, often they are unhealthy themselves, eventually becoming even greater struggles like addictions such as drugs, alcohol, eating disorders, or self-injury.

Untreated depression is the number one cause of suicide, and suicide is the third leading cause of death among teenagers. (NIMH)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the opportunity to parter in events with "TWLOHA," and I did not realize how serious the issue of depression and "self injury" really was/is, until they told me! Please take a moment to go to their website and get more facts and discussions on this topic...Because according to the stats it is pretty likely that you or someone you know faces this!

I was on my way home from GA a few months ago when I wrote the poem below-I feel like it is something that Jesus would say to someone who is hurting, furthermore hurting themselves.....

With each cut pain released
Each drop of blood gave anger peace
Without the world peering in
Life gave way to sorrow's end

As I approached her, I caught her tears
I put them in a jar alongside her fears
I took my blood and covered her wounds
And sealed her scars throughout the room
I took the razor and showed her my hands
And promised "healing" was in my plans

Always sure this day would come
So thankful now it was the one
To show her "life" without harm
And to WRITE MY LOVE ON HER ARMS

If you or someone you know is hurting themselves or dealing with depression, please get help! You life is too precious to risk!

Embraced by Grace,

Rendered Heart

No comments: