Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Taking my piece of peace!

Do you ever need to escape, to feel like it is okay to laugh as loud as you want or cry as much as you want to? I don’t know about you, but I live with two roommates so those things are not really promoted at my house, the neighbors might hear. So I decided a long time ago that I wanted that special place- “away from the world-” where it is just me, my maker, and praise music.
I live on an island outside of downtown Tampa, FL. There is one locale on the island where you can see the exquisite views of the calm water then look over your shoulder and see the constant chaos of the downtown hustle, this is my special spot. I love to stare at the water and watch the makeshift lighthouse that occasionally catches my car with its beams, then admire all the lights of the city. This spot is very similar to life. As each day passes we face different situations that can seem chaotic and out of control. Many times people would assume that if everything were failing around us then we must be falling a part on the inside-and that is not always true. When I looked up the meaning of “peace” in the dictionary, I found many different definitions, but the one most relevant to me was “a treaty.” A treaty is normally put into place after two entities essentially agree to disagree; they meet in the middle-they find their “spot,” they agree to “peace.” Alike to my place in the middle of chaos and tranquility-That is where I find spiritual peace. Would you ever think that in the midst of discord between oneself and the world that you can find peace, knowing that God is in the middle keeping it all together? True peace comes when we are whole, completely surrendered to the call of the Lord. No matter if you are at war with your circumstances or the events in the world-Remember to take a piece of peace.
So, do you have a spot? A spot reserved for just you and your maker? He desires to meet you where you are at, to make you complete. It’s time to be still and feel the presence of God that is always with us, yet we so often don’t take the time to acknowledge. I would love to hear about your special spot, where do you go?

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. — John 14:27.

No comments: