Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's in a name?

Well I have been told for a very long time that I needed to look into "blogging." It all started with Xanga, which did not last long, because MySpace took the world by storm. Then between Facebook, Twitter, and trying to find time...So here it goes....

I noticed that everyone calls their blog something that describes them on a day to day basis or at least communicates what they want people to take from reading their blog. The naming process actually came to me after reading a verse in: Joel 2:13 that says “And rend your heart and not your garments. Now return to the LORD your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger, abounding in loving kindness and relenting of evil.”

I must be honest, I was intrigued by the word “rend” and what it meant, so I looked it up and this is what I found:

Rend: To become torn or split.
Rendered: To give or make available
-or- To represent in a drawing or painting, especially in perspective.

This verse reinstates the importance to me of having an open heart in front of the Lord. The last couple years of my life have not played out the way that I thought that they would, but I can honestly say that I have felt the Holy Spirit day by day. Let’s face it, it hurts when flesh is torn, but in the same way as God begins to penetrate our lives and sever off things that are not useful, we begin to grow- We are becoming more effective followers of Jesus Christ. With out sacrifice there can be no serving!

I hope that over time I will effectively “represent” my heart to you. Thank you in advance for taking the time to be a part of my new journey, I am looking forward to it …

Rendered Heart,

Christina

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: