Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Change, are you ready?

I do not know too many people that embrace change, that embrace new ideas, different lifestyles other than their own-and so on. But there is a certain beauty that comes with change-it’s called growth. How can anyone grow without change? A seed cannot grow if it stays within the comforts of its bag that it was purchased in… Then, think about what that seed has to go through to become anything. It must break from within, and penetrate its walls of safety. Then it must endure its lonely journey to the surface. You would think that the worst of it would be over, but its not. After it reaches you and I, it must survive rain, sun, snow heavy feet and careless animals-the list goes on. But think about the tree that survives. Think about the mighty oak tree in your minds eye-It is strong, sturdy, and able to withstand almost anything. But why? Because of constant change and growth, that tree is now a source of shade, food, oxygen and a beautiful image on God’s canvas.

I would love to stay within my “little bag” and not be forced to penetrate the walls of which I refer to as “safety.” I would sometimes rather watch nature happen, instead of be a part of it. But today is a new day, A day meant to be different than yesterday and thankfully God does not expect me to do it my by myself. Today is meant for me to dig deep within my inner being and allow God to nurture my own growth. To rid myself of distractions and anything else that could interfere with that process. This is a time for me to renew who I am in Christ, a time for rediscovery, a time for pruning, a time for CHANGE….

……………..………………………Transformation is on the horizon!


Live out loud,

Christina
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: