Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Big Mess!


I remember being in a drama group in Middle School that volunteered to serve for a dinner at church. I was so excited, I thought that it would be so cool and "official." After we served everyone their food, it was time for their coffee and dessert! I had never carried coffee without a top before so I thought the best thing to do was to watch the coffee very closely, just in case it decided to spill I could somehow tell the cup to "stop that!" HAHA right? I was later told, after intense concentration, that I should not look at the coffee but rather look ahead at the person I was bringing it to. For some reason this actually steadies your hand and causes you to spill less. Who would have thought?

I know that it is so easy for me/us to have something happen in life, where we end up staying so focused on the issue rather then the ONE that we are taking it to. If you were to look directly into that coffee, you would not see your reflection-Your problems do not define you, but rather the way that you handle them. Everyday we are faced with different obstacles that we can either allow to consume our attention or forge us ahead to focus on the Lord. I want to remind you that no one ever said (or should ever say) that "the christian life is easy," but we choose what we make of it. It is important that we keep our eyes fixed ahead so that we do not make a BIG MESS!

"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you." Proverbs 4:25

1 comment:

Marta said...

Chris,

The website looks awesome and "The Big Mess" is so true. What a wonderful writer and christian you are. I am sure He is with you all the way.

Marta